1) Delete unnecessary files
- Just relax and search your computer’s entire hard disk. You will see unnecessary files in your computer which you no longer need it. Whether these are office file or in home computers these are images or movies.
- Free up disk space:
- Delete temp files:
- Temporary files are created automatically and many of us not known that they are exits and we have to delete them to improve speed of computers.
- Temporary files are that files which are created while we are working on that. Eg. When we are working on MS-Office, it will save a temporary file every few minutes for backup purpose. Normally temp files deleted automatically when we save & close the files. But if program unexpectedly rashes or the computer shouts down, the temp files are not deleted. We can recover these files from the temp folder. Also some temp files are left behind even when a program is quite correctly.
- To deleted these files go following method:
- Click Start – Run
- Type “%temp%” and click Ok.
- Now a temp folder is open and you can see all temp files and folders created here.
- Select all and delete.
You might not be able to delete some files and folders because these are using by some programs.
2) Delete Temporary Internet Files:
Also web browsers such as Internet Explorer, create "Temporary Internet Files" to store user data, including cookies, images from visited Web pages, and the user's browsing history.
To deleted this history go to Internet explorer options and deleted from there all history.
3) Disk Clean up:
It is also a good option to clean your disk by automatically removing all unnecessary files by Disk Clean up.
- Click Start- All Programs- Accessories- System Tools- Disk clean up.
- Select the drive you want to clean and click Ok.
- It will open Disk Cleanup Window.
- Here select the files to clean and click Ok.
4) Remove unwanted programs
If you install too many programs on your computer, then it results to slower of your computer. Because each program is taking up space of computer’s memory. So it better to remove the programs which you really does not need.
5) Defrag to speed up your computer
Do you remember your last time of defragment of your computer? I tell you many users doesn’t defragment their computer
Disk Defragmenter is a utility in Microsoft Windows designed to increase access speed by rearranging files stored on a disk to occupy contiguous storage locations, a technique called defragmentation. Defragmenting a disk minimizes head travel, which reduces the time it takes to read files from and write files to the disk. Beginning with Windows XP, Disk Defragmenter also reduces system startup times
- Open My Computer.
- Right-click the local disk volume that you want to defragment, and then click Properties.
- On the Tools tab, click Defragment Now.
- Click Defragment.
6) Update you RAM or use ReadyBoost
One of the most important reasons why computers slow down is that they have too little RAM. Ok, for present day computers, 1 GB of RAM is considered a minimum requirement. If you have an old PC running on say Windows 98 and 1 GB of RAM, then expect to see a lot of slow down when running new applications or games.
You can increase you systems RAM by using ReadyBoost. A new concept in adding memory to a system, it allows you to use non-volatile flash memory—like a USB flash drive or a memory card—to improve performance without having to add additional memory.
For details see click here.
7) Always use good antivirus:
I recommend you to always use a good Antivirus. Don’t waste your time to find free anti-virus. Now a days there are many anti-virus option. Use good one. If you does not using anti-virus on your computer even if you are not using Internet on it, still risk is involved from USB Pen drive or CD’s. Virus not only slow down you PC but chance also to lost your data.
8) Avoid using many programs at time.
If you are using large programs like Maya, Photoshop or video editing software, then it is always advisable not to use other programs at a times while working.
9) Update your windows regularly:
Make sure that you are updating your windows regularly. These updates will close security holes in your computer and hopefully prevent you from being hacked or infected with viruses. This will also help protect other users on our network from any potential problems with your computer.
10) Remove programs from startups.
If your computer take too many time while starting then sure there are many programs are in startup. You can remove programs from starts ups by:
- Click Start – Run
- Type msconfig and click Ok.
- A System Configuration window will open.
- Select Startup Tab.
- Here you will see a list of programs which are in startup.
- Carefully remove unwanted programs. Never remove anti-virus from the list.
By performing above steps, I am sure that you will be happy while working on computer? Are you? Let us know