Almost all Smartphone users are now use SD card everyday to store pictures. But sometime user frustrated when they lost their precious photos from digital camera, cell phone, computer hard drive, etc. Unfortunately, losing or deleting images from a memory card is a very common problem now and it’s happens due to many reasons.
Luckily, here is free software that can help you recover your lost digital photos from deleted, accidentally formatted or even corrupted SD card which can’t be recognized by computer.
ZAR is a paid version for data recovery, but it’s free version allows you to retrieve your digital photos. Zar X can run a deep scan through even the completely damaged SD card or hard disk drives. But it takes much longer time to scan.
To recover digital images from storage (typically a memory card) you need to connect the storage to the PC, download, install, and start ZAR photo recovery software, then follow the step-by-step instructions below.
We recommend you use a card reader device, rather than to connect a digital camera or Smartphone to the computer.
- Download, install, and start ZAR photo recovery software
- Click "Image Recovery (Free)"
- Select the device you need to recover images from.
- Click "Next" to start the image recovery.
- Now the image recovery runs which may take long time to complete the process.
- You will see a list of images that the software found on your SD card. Mark photos to recover by clicking their corresponding checkboxes. To mark all photos at once, just mark the "ROOT" entry.
- Click "Next"
- Select or create a folder on your computer to save the pictures.
- Click "Start copying" to start retrieval of recovered photos.
Current version (ZAR X) supports digital photo recovery for the following file formats: GIF, JPEG, TIFF, CRW (Canon RAW data), MOV, AVI movie, WAV, CR2 (Canon CR2 RAW format), ORF (Olympus RAW format) and most of the digital camera models.