Personal file-sharing is possible when distance is short, then using Bluetooth or simply connect through data cable and when distance is long then by e-mail, Dropbox, Google Drive or OneDrive. But if you want more simple way as just drop the file in browser and in next second it will be available in your Android, then consider following apps. I select these three apps because these are very simple, only install in your Android Mobile and access it through browser in your PC.
AirDroid is a web based remote control for your Android Mobile.
- Install the AirDroid app on your Android device and sign up.
- Now open web.airdroid.com on your desktop browser and sign in with your username and password or scan the QR code to make the connection.
- Once the connection is established, you can use AirDroid's Web interface to navigate the contents of your phone.
You can do many things in AirDroid free version like transfer files between your Android and PC, Call log, browse and delete photos, read, send or delete SMS, access and edit contact and access apps etc.
You can trace your phone in AirDroid if you unfortunately lost it. Also in this feature your can play sound on your Android device, Wipe data, lock phone.
With free user you can use only upto 100MB of data. Also Camera & Call future is only available for Premium user.
Pushbullet is the easiest way to transfer files, links, text notes, list, webpages from your computer to Android and vice versa.
- To get started, simply download PushBullet from Google Play.
- Then sign in with your Google account details.
- Now open pushbullet.com on your PC or laptop and sign in with above username and password.
- Here you will see the list of all devices on which you installed PushBullet app and you can transfer files between them.
It support push notification and you can see the notification on your computer.
JustbeamIt makes file transfer process very easy. This Android App allows you to send and receive files from your phone with ease using JustBeamIt.com. In this application just select the file you want to transfer and it will generate a URL. Open this URL in your computer’s browser and you will get this file.