Microsoft removes Start Menu from Windows 8. Microsoft program manager Chaitanya Sareen said that as users began pinning more applications to the taskbar, start button usage took a major hit. Instead of going to Start menu to access applications, users were just clicking shortcuts. The taskbar was just too fast and convenient.
But many users still want Stat button back. Now if you want back your start menu then there are few site which provides free software for this and other charge for it.
Now we have to see the free sites first, right?
Pokki offer windows 8 Start Menu button with other applications too. You can find and open your programs, files, control panel and a power option is also there. Also you can search and organize your favourite apps and websites on your desktop. You can download Pokki from here.
2) Windows 8 Start Button :
- Restore Windows Start button and Start menu on Windows 8!
- Make 'desktop mode' as your default Windows startup screen
- Choose appearance: classic windows, aero mode, Win 7 and more!
- Restore all your familiar windows menus and options
- All that and more, absolutely free!
You can download it from here.
This is also simple and useful Start button available for free. Download it from here
To return the Start Button to Windows 8 it’s big share, but this site offer only free for try.
- Search for Windows 8-style (Modern UI) apps
- Pin desktop and Metro apps to the start menu
- Jump List support
- Unified Search for apps, settings and files
- Boot directly to the Windows 8 desktop
- One click access to shut down, devices, music, documents, and videos